DUBAI SOUTH: THE AVIATION CITY
Dubai South has a world-class, integrated aviation and aerospace ecosystem that is designed to serve the holistic needs of both these industries and related sectors.
MASTERPLAN OF THE AVIATION DISTRICT
The hub enjoys powerful synergies with adjacent Al Maktoum International Airport, which upon completion is destined to become the world’s largest airport with a capacity to fly more than 220 million passengers and 16 million tons of cargo a year.
Further enriching the passenger experience is a VIP Terminal which caters to the exclusive needs of business travelers, VIPs and dignitaries.
In addition, the design of the Aviation District takes full advantage of its strategic location close to Jebel Ali Seaport and adjacent to the Dubai South Logistics District.
As a result, Dubai South moves sea-to-air cargo more quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively than any other place in the world, setting a new, global four hour sea-to-air standard.
Completing the picture are a number of complementary, well-defined zones for associated sectors including hospitality, industry specific education, research and development and mix-use.
Our key offerings in the Aviation District and the investment avenues available to you.
LEASE FACILITIES AT THE AEROSPACE SUPPLY CHAIN COMPLEX
- 157,000m2 dedicated facility for lease by aerospace supply chain sector.
- Geared to meet the versatile needs of Tier 1 to Tier 3 businesses as well as SMEs.
- Ideal for MROs, business aviation companies, and ancillary services.
- Units usable for light industrial activity, spares and distribution centers.
LEASABLE PLOTS FOR CODE C & CODE F MROS
- All plots for self-development or build-to-suit.
- Code C MROs: Thirty-two 5,000m2 land plots for lease. Designed to hold parking and maintenance hangars, maintenance workshops and offices.
- Code F MROs: Differently sized airside plots, starting from 18,000m2. Designed to hold maintenance workshops, a technical office area and a stores area.
- Launched in April 2016.
- 7-star, 5,600m2 luxury facility - Dubai's primary business aviation gateway.
- Home to 4 world-class fixed base operators.
- 15,000 projected annual aircraft movements by 2020.
PARKING HANGARS FOR PRIVATE JETS
- Parking hangars located on Code C plots.
- Able to accommodate up to three Code C aircraft of B727-200 type and/or combination of smaller aircraft.
THE EDUCATION, TRAINING & R&D ZONE
- Education & Training cluster designed to host mix of education and R&D facilities.
- Anchored around Emirates Flight Training Academy, fully-integrated facility dedicated to the training of pilots.
- Self-develop or built to suit lease options.
THE COMMERCIAL STRIP
- Mixed use solution for companies basing HQs, offices, showrooms and retail outlets within the Aviation District.
- Located close to the VIP Terminal and Exhibition Centre.
- Catering to high-end warehouses operators specializing in the handling, storage and trading of luxury goods.